Peach – soft, sweet, smells great whether cooked or fresh! This fruit is chock-full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. What are the benefits of regularly eating peaches?
Peaches have a lot of health benefits, including better digestion, strong cardiovascular and immune systems, and improved allergy symptoms.
So, while peaches are great for your health, a non-related hybrid cannabis strain called Peach Gelato also promises a wealth of health benefits. But let’s start with the basics.
Looking for a peachy high? Check out our delta 8 Peach Rings:
What is the Peach Gelato Strain
Peach Gelato is a hybrid cannabis strain of Peach Rings and Gelato. It is regarded as a 50-50 mix of indica and sativa, but most publications portray it as indica-dominant. It has a high THC content, ranging between 20% and 30%.
Peach Gelato is every cannabis lover’s dream; it has a sweet, slightly sour flavor with a fruity inhale and a creamy smooth exhale. The aroma is equally bright – a sour lemony lime overtone accentuated by hints of fresh peach and cream, just like its namesake!
A single puff of Peach Gelato leaves you hungering for more. It induces a calming yet uplifting experience, perfect for warding off unwanted feelings and emotions. It makes you happy and boosts your creativity and sociability levels, enabling you to converse freely with those around you.
As if that’s not enough, this exciting cannabis strain is ideal for relaxing tense muscles and helps you stretch without tension in the limbs. Thanks to its high THC content, Peach Gelato is a great choice for users suffering from mood swings, fatigue, stress, and migraines.
Peach Gelato Strain Appearance
The dense dark violet and green grape-shaped nugs interwoven with yellowish orange pistils of Peach Gelato give off a delicious aroma of sour-lemon lime, fresh peaches, and creamy fruits.
Peach Gelato Strain Genetics
Peach Gelato has the genetic makeup of Jet Fuel Gelato and Peach Rings. The Gelato and Peach Rings strains are both indica dominant (55% and 60%, respectively) and are also hybrids in themselves. As a result, Peach Gelato is typically indica-dominant, but there are hybrid versions with a 50-50 indica-sativa profile.
The Peach Gelato strain has a high THC content of between 20% and 30%. It has a low CBD content (< 1%). Its high THC content is actually one of its strongest selling points.
Its parents also possess high concentrations of THC, normally in the range of 23-29% (Jetlato) and around 20% (Peach Rings).
Peach Gelato Strain Terpenes
Terpenes are aromatic compounds that exist naturally in plants and fruits, giving them unique characteristics such as aroma and taste. Terpenes have different properties and benefits. Cannabis plants have a wide array of terpenes that affect their properties and health benefits.
As a hybrid, Peach Gelato’s terpene profile is possibly a mix of its parents. So, expect to find limonene, caryophyllene, and myrcene since these are the dominant terpenes in Peach Rings and Gelato.
Limonene is the most abundant terpene in Peach Rings, hence its citrusy notes. Other terpenes in this strain are myrcene, caryophyllene, and linalool. Jetlato has more beta-caryophyllene and beta-myrcene terpenes.
Peach Gelato Strain Effects
Its notable effects are calm, relaxation, and euphoria. Its “high” starts with a euphoric lift that gradually transforms into a deeply relaxing feeling.
On a hectic day, this strain’s psychoactive effects, along with its physically healing properties, will relax both body and mind, soothing you into a restful sleep.
On the downside, this strain may induce paranoia and anxiety when consumed above tolerance levels. Feelings of dizziness, dry mouth and eyes, and headaches have also been reported.
Peach Gelato Strain Reported Flavors
This flavor-rich cannabis strain invokes peach, earthy notes with citrusy, sour peach, spicy, and floral undertones. In fact, its name originates from its dominant peach flavor.
Peach Gelato Strain Growing Information
There isn’t much information on Peach Gelato’s growing conditions. However, readily available information indicates that one of the parent strains, Gelato, can be difficult to grow and is not recommended for beginners.
Nonetheless, it can grow indoors and outdoors. It does well in warm, humid conditions of around 75 °F (23 °C), making indoor cultivation ideal because it is easier to control such growing conditions.
Gelato flowers in 8-9 weeks when cultivated indoors. To bring out its full potential, the plant should be exposed to colder temperatures just before flowering in order to stimulate the anthocyanin pigments.
Peach Rings is comparatively easier to grow and matures in roughly 7-9 weeks. Like Gelato, indoor and outdoor cultivation is possible with Peach Rings, but growth conditions may affect yield.
Outdoor cultivation tends to yield heavier buds, roughly 18 oz per plant, compared to 16 oz per plant for indoor cultivation.
Strains like Peach Gelato Strain
So, if the taste and flavor of Peach Gelato appeal to you, here are the most popular similar-tasting strains:
- Peach Cobbler: a hybrid strain of Strawberry Banana, Dream Queen, and Apricot Papaya. It is quite popular due to its high THC content.
- Peaches and Cream: anecdotally believed to help with chronic pain and migraines. This strain is also said to boost focus, sociability, and productivity.
- Peach Rings: known for its high THC content and euphoric effects that make most users happy, tingly, and focused. It is popular among people dealing with depression, cramps, and nausea.
- Peach Ozz: Known for its full-body “high” and cerebral sizzle that leaves users chatty, motivated, and ready for action. This is a hybrid of Peach Rings and Oz Kush.
- Georgia Peach: Has an uplifting “high.”
- Peach Crescendo F-1: A cross between Peach Rings, Mandarin Cookies, I-95, and Chem D, popular for its relaxing effects.
- Peach Gum: Has a sweet, fruity flavor with a spicy undertone. It is associated with a heady euphoria that boosts mood and creativity.
- Peachy Mack: A cross between Peaches and Cream, Golden Goat X Pineapple. This strain is known for its cerebral sizzle that increases sociability.
- Peach Mango: An indica-dominant hybrid with a psychedelic “high” known to increase productivity and energy.
- Tropical Tart: For people who love low THC-content marijuana. This hybrid strain contains 14% CBD and 1% THC and is ideal for users seeking creative energy and mood uplift.