Hemp-derived products can usually provide consumers with a range of delightful experiences — from euphoria boosts to blissful relaxation. But what happens when you need the products you’ve consumed to leave your body quickly? Say you have a drug test coming up at work.
Well, here’s the million-dollar question — how long does THCP stay in your system? Also, is there a way to flush out THC-P metabolites faster?
You’re not alone if you have these questions and more. Thankfully, you’ve come to the right place. In the following paragraphs, we share insight into how long THC-P stays in the system after consumption. In addition, we explore factors that can affect this duration and walk you through tips for flushing THC-P out of your system faster.
- The duration that THC-P stays in the system depends on several factors, including individual metabolism, consumption method, and dosage.
- THC-P may remain detectable in the body for several days in casual consumers and up to a week or more for more frequent users.
- The detectability of THC-P in the body also depends on the specific drug test in question, from saliva tests to urine and blood tests.
What is THC-P?
THC-P (tetrahydrocannabiphorol), is a relatively newly discovered cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. However, while THC-P may be a new arrival, it has quickly made a name for itself and is quickly growing in popularity.
This is arguably because of its very potent psychoactive effects, even exceeding that of THC.
Structurally, THC-P is similar to THC. As a result, it also interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system and produces various psychoactive effects. In other words, if you consume THC-P, it will likely get you high.
However, THC-P also has a longer hydrocarbon chain compared to THC. This difference in their chemical structure is what makes THC-P more potent and allows it to bind with the cannabinoid receptors in the brain.
As a result, THC-P may be an ideal cannabinoid for connoisseurs looking for a more intense cannabis experience.
Research into THC-P is still in its early stages, and much remains to be learned about its effects, potential medical uses, and safety profile. However, due to its similarities to the more researched THC, it is possible to infer some of the potential effects of THC-P.
Here are some of the effects of THC-P you should expect:
- Euphoria: THC-P can induce a sense of euphoria or a “high.” This feeling is often accompanied by a positive mood, increased relaxation, and a sense of well-being.
- Relaxation: Like THC, THC-P also has muscle relaxant properties, which can lead to physical relaxation.
- Altered perception: Consuming THC-P can lead to changes in sensory perception. In other words, you may experience heightened senses, alterations in time perception, and changes in the perception of colors and sounds.
- Increased creativity: THC-P may also help with a creativity boost and can even enhance problem-solving abilities.
- Increased appetite: Due to its THC content, consuming THC-P may also lead to a more stimulated appetite, often referred to as the “munchies.” This effect can lead to increased food cravings and a heightened enjoyment of eating.
- Pain relief: THC-P may also possess analgesic properties, which may help in pain management.
How Long Do THC-P Effects Last?
The duration of the effects of THC-P generally depends on several factors, including the potency of the product, the consumer’s tolerance, the dose consumed, the method of consumption, and the specific product’s potency.
For instance, while the onset of the effects of smoking THC-P typically begins within minutes (usually under an hour), it doesn’t last as long as other consumption methods. The effects of smoking THC-P will usually subside within a few hours — usually under four hours.
Ingesting THC-P will typically yield the longest effects duration, with the effects lasting anywhere between 8 and 16 hours. Sometimes, you may feel the effects of THC-P throughout the entire day, depending on how much you consume.
Either way, the effects of THC-P generally last several hours.
How Long Does THC-P Stay in Your System?
Compared to how long its effects last, THC-P can stay detectable in the body for a significantly longer period. However, this duration also depends on several factors, such as the metabolism of the individual, frequency of use, and dosage.
As a rule of thumb, THC-P will generally remain detectable in the system for a couple of days in casual users, while frequent consumers can go weeks with THC-P still in their system.
Also, the sensitivity of the drug test plays a role here. Even for casual users, more intensive tests may also come up with THC-P content even if several days have gone by.
There are generally two categories of THC-P detection:
- Short-term detection: THC-P is likely to be detectable in blood and saliva shortly after use, typically within hours. Blood tests tend to have a shorter detection window for cannabinoids, usually up to a few days.
- Long-term detection: In urine, which is the most common matrix for drug testing, cannabinoids can be detectable for a more extended period. For occasional users, THC-P may be detectable for up to several days to a week. However, for frequent or chronic users, THC and its metabolites can be detected for several weeks to a month or longer.
How Long Does THC-P Vape Stay in Your System?
Smoking or vaping THC-P means you typically will enjoy the shortest possible duration for which the cannabinoid will remain in your system. This is because the THC-P does not have to go through any major organ aside from the lungs before it reaches your bloodstream.
As a result, if you’re an infrequent THC-P consumer, THC-P from a vape product should also last a few days in your system. However, if you vape THC-P very often, it may last several weeks in your saliva and blood.
However, depending on the drug test involved, duration may not matter.
For instance, saliva tests are usually the easiest to ace. If you have not vaped THC-P in a few days, it likely will not show up in your saliva test. However, the retention time increases for your urine and is even longer in the blood. As a result, THC-P may remain detectable in your urine and blood for up to a week or more.
How Long Does a THC-P Edible Stay in Your System?
THC-P edibles typically remain detectable in the body for a longer duration compared to smoked or vaped THC. This is primarily because of differences in how the body metabolizes and eliminates the cannabinoids when ingested versus when it’s inhaled.
THC-P from edibles may be detectable in urine for several days to a week for occasional users, and even longer for frequent or chronic users.
Here are the key reasons for the extended detection times of THC-P edibles:
- Metabolism: When you consume THC through smoking or vaping, it enters your bloodstream rapidly through the lungs, leading to quick onset but also a shorter duration of effects. In contrast, THC in edibles must pass through the digestive system, where it undergoes a more prolonged and extensive metabolic process. This slower metabolism means that the THC-P will also remain in your system for a more extended period.
- Liver processing: Also, ingested THC-P has to be metabolized by the liver. Both THC-P and its metabolites can be stored in fatty tissues, contributing to their extended detection in the body.
- Release into the bloodstream: The release of THC and its metabolites from fat tissue into the bloodstream can occur over time, leading to a “tail” of detectability in the body. This is why THC-P from edibles can be detected in urine and blood tests for a more extended period.
How to Flush Out THC-P Metabolites
So what happens if you’ve consumed THC-P and have an upcoming drug test? Are there ways you can hasten the elimination of THC-P from your system? The answer is yes. While these tips are not fool-proof, they may help you get ready to pass your drug test.
Here are some tips to help you flush out THC-P metabolites:
It goes without saying that abstaining from THC-P consumption is the best way to ensure it is not in your system. Even if you’ve previously consumed THC-P, staying away from it will give your body time to naturally metabolize and eliminate the compound.
Staying well-hydrated by drinking plenty of water can improve your body’s natural detoxification processes. This is because water can help flush metabolites and toxins from your system through urine. However, you should also note excessive water intake (known as water loading) shortly before a drug test may dilute your urine and potentially raise suspicions during testing.
Diet of Organic Foods
Some people believe that consuming a diet rich in organic, whole foods can support the body’s detoxification processes. Organic foods are typically free from synthetic pesticides and chemicals, which may reduce the burden on the liver, an organ involved in metabolizing cannabinoids. However, scientific studies that prove this are limited.
Engaging in regular physical activity can help boost metabolism and potentially aid in the elimination of THC-P from your system. Exercise can increase circulation and promote sweating, which may contribute to the removal of toxins.
Where to Buy THC-P Products Online
If you’re looking to buy premium-quality THC-P products online, MUNCHIES! is your one-stop shop. We offer our customers only the best quality products that have been produced to the highest manufacturing standards and have third-party tests to back them up.
If you want to experience THC-P, then try our new 4G THC-P Disposable Vapes!
The most reliable way to ensure you pass a drug test is to allow your body sufficient time to naturally clear THC-P from your system. After all, there’s no fail-safe to predict how long THC-P will stay in your body system. However, you should note that THC-P will remain detectable in your system for at least a few days, whether you’re a frequent user or not.
THC-P: Frequently Asked Questions
Will THC-P Show Up on a Drug Test?
Yes, THC-P contains THC metabolites and will show up on a drug test if you consume it within the time window.
How Long Does THC-P Last in Urine?
THC-P may last several days in your urine for casual users and may stay more than a week for the more frequent consumers.
What is THC-P Good For?
THC-P is a psychoactive cannabinoid that may yield several therapeutic benefits, including mood boost, improved relaxation, appetite stimulation, and more.