Delta 8 THC is one of the cannabinoids that has created a lot of buzz among cannabis consumers lately. This is thanks to its unique properties that make it a little different from other cannabinoids, especially delta 9 THC. In fact, research has called this cannabinoid the “nicer younger sibling” of delta 9.
One of the most appealing aspects of delta 8 is that it offers a more mellow high compared to delta 9, whose psychoactive effects can be more intense. Also, delta 8 is said to provide more of a clear-headed high. For some people, these properties make it the perfect option for daytime use.
But what if you need a little more oomph to get going in the morning? You might be wondering if delta 8 can give you energy.
This article will look at how delta 8 gives you energy. We will explore this cannabinoid in detail, how it can push you to be productive, and even recommend some of the best products on the market. Let’s get started!
Looking for some delta 8 products to help you crush your to-dos? Check out these goodies:
What Is Delta 8 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp and cannabis plants. It is an isomer of delta 9 THC, the main active ingredient in cannabis. Delta 8 THC has a similar structure to delta 9 THC, but its double bond is located at the eighth carbon atom instead of the ninth. This slight difference in atomic structure gives delta 8 different properties.
One of the main differences between delta 9 THC and delta 8 THC is their effects on the body.
Delta 9 THC binds strongly to the CB1 receptors in the brain, which leads to its psychoactive effects. Delta 8 THC also binds to these receptors but with a much weaker affinity. This difference in binding strength gives delta 8 THC the unique properties that make it beneficial without the psychoactive “high” associated with delta 9 THC.
How Delta 8 Works
To understand how delta 8 works, we first need to look at the ECS (endocannabinoid system). The ECS is a network of receptors and chemicals that helps regulate various functions in the body, such as mood, pain, appetite, memory, and sleep.
Cannabinoids are molecules that bind to these receptors and interact with the ECS. There are two main types of cannabinoids: endocannabinoids (produced by the body) and phytocannabinoids (found in plants). Delta 9 THC and delta 8 THC are both phytocannabinoids.
The main receptors in the ECS are CB1 and CB2. Delta 8 THC binds to both of these receptors but has a higher affinity for CB2. This is one reason why delta 8 THC is thought to have fewer psychoactive effects than delta 9 THC.
CB1 receptors are mostly found in the brain and central nervous system, while CB2 receptors are found in the immune system. CB2 receptors are also found in the gastrointestinal system; one reason delta 8 THC is thought to help with nausea and vomiting.
Once delta 8 THC binds to the CB1 or CB2 receptors, it activates the ECS and causes various effects on the body. Some of these effects include appetite stimulation, pain relief, and anti-inflammatory effects.
Remember, the amount of time delta 8 takes to work will vary from person to person. The effects of delta 8 THC are also dependent on the method of consumption.
For example, if you smoke or vape delta 8 THC, you’ll feel the effects almost immediately. If you take it orally (in the form of an edible), it could take up to two hours to feel the full effects.
Make sure you choose a method of consumption that’s right for you and start with a low dose to see how your body reacts.
Delta 8 Effects
Below are some of the proven effects of delta 8 THC:
- Relaxation: This is a feeling of calmness and peace. The body may feel heavy as muscles relax. This is why delta 8 can be useful for those who suffer from insomnia and other sleep disorders.
- Mild euphoria: This is a sense of happiness and well-being. Some people may feel giggly or have a heightened sense of humor.
- Clearheadedness: This is a mental state where you feel clearheaded and focused. For some people, this may be a more intense focus than usual.
It’s also worth noting that one of the best ways to consume delta 8 is for its amazing effects and potential benefits. However, it’s worth noting that this cannabinoid reacts differently for different people based on a plethora of factors, including:
- Metabolism: How quickly your body breaks down and processes the delta 8 THC will play a role in how quickly you feel the effects.
- Body fat percentage: People with higher levels of body fat may feel the effects for a longer period of time than those with lower levels of body fat.
- Tolerance: If you have used cannabis before, you may not feel the effects of delta 8 THC as strongly as someone who hasn’t.
- Method of consumption: delta 8 THC can be consumed in many ways, including smoking, vaping, and edibles. Each method will produce different effects. For instance, delta 8 gummies take longer to kick in but the effects last longer than if delta 8 THC is smoked.
- Amount consumed: The amount of delta 8 THC you consume will also affect how long the effects last. In general, higher doses tend to produce stronger and longer-lasting effects.
- The strain: Different cannabis strains can also produce different effects. For instance, some strains may be more likely to cause couch-lock than others.
As you can see, what works for one person may not work for another. The best way to find out how delta 8 THC will affect you is to start with a small dose and increase it gradually until you find the sweet spot. For example, if you’re smoking delta 8 THC, start with one hit and see how you feel after a few minutes. If you don’t feel anything, take another hit and wait again. Continue this process until you find the dose that works for you.
Microdosing is another great way to find the perfect dose. This involves taking very small doses of delta 8 THC and waiting to see how you feel. You can then increase the dose gradually until you find the desired effects.
Side Effects of Delta 8
There is also a dark side to delta 8. According to the FDA, some of the reported side effects of this cannabinoid include:
- Hallucinations: People have reported seeing things that are not there or hearing voices.
- Anxiety: Some people have felt anxious after taking delta 8. However, a study showed that 78% of those who used delta 8 didn’t experience any anxiety effects.
- Paranoia: This is a feeling of suspicion or fear. People may feel like they are being watched or followed. However, the same study above showed that only 17% of participants experienced paranoia.
- Dizziness: This is a feeling of lightheadedness and unsteadiness. It can be caused by low blood pressure.
- Vomiting: Some people have reported feeling nauseous and vomiting after taking delta 8. However, this is most likely due to taking too much at once.
Remember, the side effects only last for a short time. They will go away once the delta 8 wears off. Below are a few tips that can help you deal with the side effects:
- Drink plenty of water: One of the best things you can do is drink plenty of water. Delta 8 THC can cause dehydration, so it’s important to stay hydrated.
- Choose the right strain: Some strains are more likely to cause side effects than others. Do some research and choose a strain that is known for its mellow effects.
- Get some fresh air: If you start to feel anxious or paranoid, step outside and get some fresh air. This will help to clear your head and calm your nerves.
- Eat something: If you start to feel dizzy, eat something sugary like candy or fruit. This will help to raise your blood sugar levels and make you feel better.
Delta 8 and Exercise
Until today, there is no evidence that cannabinoids, and by extension, delta 8 THC, can improve athletic performance. However, in 1998, Olympics banned the use of marijuana by athletes. In 2004, the World Anti-doping Agency (WADA) added cannabinoids to its list of banned substances.
There is evidence that refutes claims that cannabinoids can enhance athletic performance. Even though existing studies are inconclusive, there are some that show that they cannot directly impact how an athlete performs but can be potentially beneficial in treating chronic pain caused by intense workouts and sports-related injuries.
There are a few ways delta 8 can enhance your workouts, including:
- Boost your Headspace: One of the benefits of delta 8 THC is that it can help to clear your head and improve your focus. This can be helpful when you’re trying to get into the zone for a workout.
- Get in the Flow State: The flow state is a mental state where you are completely focused and in the moment. This can be beneficial for athletes who need to be in the zone for their sport.
- Increase Pain Tolerance: delta 8 THC, along with other cannabinoids, has been shown to increase pain tolerance. This can be helpful if you are working out hard and pushing your body to its limits.
- Boost Metabolism: delta 8 THC may also help to boost your metabolism. This means that you will be able to burn more calories during your workout.
- Aid in Recovery: There is evidence that cannabinoids can aid in recovery. This means that when you take delta 8, you may recover from your workout faster and be ready for the next one. You may also experience great relaxation after a workout, which can improve your sleep patterns.
To get the best out of delta 8 for a workout, ensure you identify a pre-and post-workout window for consumption. For instance, you can take it an hour before working out to experience the benefits of focus and pain management. You can also take it post-workout within 30 minutes for a boost in metabolism and aid in recovery.
Best Delta 8 For Energy
Below are some of the best delta 8 for energy from Delta Munchies:
Sometimes, a peachy delta 8 high is all you need to get going. Other times, you just can’t help but eat the whole bag. No matter how you delta, the Peach Rings have your back—with 10-30mg of delta 8 per gummy and a total of 150-450mg in each pack. This packs the perfect punch whether you’re starting out or a seasoned pro.
These bite-sized morsels are packed with juicy watermelon flavor and a potent punch of delta 8 THC. Each gummy has 25mg of delta 8, so they’re perfect for those who want to take their delta-high one step at a time. Each pack comes with up to 40 pieces, so there’s plenty to share (or not). Watermelon Runtz have a sweet and tangy flavor that will have you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
Cherry Lime Tincture
If gummies are not your thing, our Cherry Lime Tincture is a great alternative. This delta 8 THC tincture has a sweet and sour cherry lime flavor that is perfect for those who want to enjoy the benefits of delta 8 without the sugar high.
Melonado 2G Dart XL
If vaping is your thing, Melonado 2G Dart XL is a great delta 8 disposable to try. It is a cross between Lemon Tree and the exotic Watermelon Zkittlez, resulting in a sweet and sour melon flavor that is perfect for those who want to enjoy a delicious delta-high.
Grape Runtz 2G Dart XL
Grape Runtz 2G Dart XL is a fruity mixture of OG Kush, Gelato, Grape Ape, and Zkittles. This combination of flavors is perfect for those who enjoy sweet and sour tastes. The Dart XL delivers a strong high perfect for those looking for an energetic buzz. This strain is known for providing users with a long-lasting high that gives them plenty of energy to get through their day.
Disclaimer: The information provided by this website or through any communication with our staff is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately. The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only and do not constitute medical advice. Reliance on any information provided by this website, our employees, or other visitors to this website is solely at your own risk.