If you are reading this article, you probably know the benefits of vaping delta 8 THC over other delivery methods, especially smoking. Unlike smoking, vaping delta 8 provides a much smoother and more pleasant experience. It also allows you to control your dosage more precisely and avoid the harmful effects of combustion.
However, one crucial element of vaping delta 8 that is often overlooked is temperature control.
This article will discuss the ideal temperature to vape delta 8 and how it can affect your experience. By the end, you will better understand how to get the most out of your delta 8 vape products.
Check out our best in class Delta 8 THC Carts here.
Importance of the Right Vaping Temperature
The right vaping temperature comes with a wide range of benefits, including:
Better THC Buzz
To get the most out of your delta 8 cartridge, it is important to find the right temperature. The ideal temperature will provide you with the perfect balance of functional high and smoothness.
Also, it is worth noting that different temperatures can produce different effects. For example, a higher temperature will produce more of a head buzz, while a lower temperature will provide more of a body high.
Another advantage of vaping at the right temperature is improving the flavor of your delta 8 vapes. When you vape at a higher temperature, the cannabinoids are vaporized more quickly and can cause the flavor to be harsh.
On the other hand, vaping at the best temperature will preserve the flavor of your cartridge.
If you know how to vape and use the right temperature, you can enjoy a much smoother experience. At lower temperatures, the cannabinoids are not vaporized as quickly, which can result in a harsher hit.
However, if you find the ideal temperature for your delta 8 vape, you will be able to enjoy smooth and consistent draws.
Vaping at the best temperature can also increase the potency of your delta 8 vapes. When you vaporize cannabinoids at a higher temperature, they are broken down more quickly and can be less potent.
However, if you find the ideal temperature, you will be able to enjoy maximum potency with each draw.
The Durability of Your Delta 8 Cartridge
It is important to note that using the wrong temperature can cause your delta 8 cartridge to degrade more quickly. If you vape at a high temperature, it can cause the material in your cartridge to break down and become less effective.
As a result, it is important to find the best temperature for your delta 8 cartridge to ensure that it lasts as long as possible.
Best Temps To Vape Cannabis
THC has the lowest boiling point of all the cannabinoids, so it will vaporize first. Generally, it vaporizes at 315°F (around 157°C). This is the minimum temperature at which you will begin to see any significant effects from THC.
If you keep the temperature around the boiling point, you will feel milder effects. The vapor will become harsher and more potent as you increase the temperature. Some people enjoy this effect, but it can overwhelm first-time users.
For those who vape for flavors, this temperature will release flavonoids and terpenoids, which are responsible for the plant’s unique smell and taste.
The other temperature endpoint is where combustion takes place. This occurs at 450°F (230°C), though the exact temperature will depend on the type of cannabis you’re using. Some may go as high as 550°F (290°C). At this temperature, the effects of THC will be more intense. You may feel paranoia, anxiety, or dizziness. The flavors will also be more intense, and the vapor will be harsh.
The ideal vaping temperature for most people is between 356-392°F (180-200°C). This range will give you the full effect of THC without being too harsh on your throat and lungs.
Keeping your vape at the right temperature is key to having a great experience. Remember, delta 8 THC and delta 9 THC have different boiling points. The best temperature for delta 8 THC should be 175°C, while that of delta 9 THC should be 157°C.
If you want to experiment, start at the lower end of the range and work your way up. You can always take another hit if you don’t feel the effects, but you can’t undo a bad experience.
Best Temp to Vape Flower
If you’re vaping flower, there are various temperatures you can choose, depending on your desired effect. They are:
- 320°F (160°C) – 355°F (179°C): If you are looking for mellow and subtle effects, then this is the range you want to be in.
- 356°F (180°C) – 391°F (199°C): This is where most people feel the “sweet spot” lies. The effects are noticeable but not overwhelming. Flavors are also at their peak in this range, making them ideal for those who enjoy the taste.
- 392°F (200°C) – 446°F (230°C): This is the higher end of the spectrum, and the effects will be more intense. The vapor can also be harsh, so take smaller hits if you’re new to vaping or have a sensitive throat. Couch-lock is also a possibility at this temperature. This temperature is not recommended as it may burn your product, and you won’t experience it at its best.
Cannabinoid Temperature Guide
The range of temperatures that cannabinoids vaporize at is pretty wide. It ranges between 157 and 220 degrees Celsius, depending on the type of cannabinoid. They have different boiling points, so they will all vaporize at different times.
However, depending on the temperature you choose to use, you will either experience a body high or a head high. Lower temperatures will give you a head high, while higher temperatures will give you a body high.
The main difference between the two is that a head high is more cerebral, while a body high is more physical.
Here are some general guidelines to help you choose the right temperature:
- CBD – 170°C: This cannabinoid has a very low boiling point, so it will vaporize quickly. It doesn’t have any psychoactive effects, so it’s ideal for those who want the medical benefits of cannabis without the high.
- THC – 157°C: THC is the main psychoactive compound in cannabis. It has a lower boiling point than CBD, so it will also vaporize quickly. The effects of THC are cerebral and can be overwhelming for first-time users.
- CBN – 185°C: CBN is a cannabinoid known for its sedative effects. It has a slightly higher boiling point than THC, so the effects will be more physical. This cannabinoid is ideal for those who want to relax before bed.
- Delta 8 THC – 175°C: D8 is a cannabinoid that is similar to THC, but it is less psychoactive. It has a slightly higher boiling point than THC, so the effects will be more physical. This cannabinoid is ideal for those who want the medical benefits of cannabis without the high.
- CBC – 220°C: CBC is a cannabinoid known for its pain-relieving properties. It has a higher boiling point than THC, so the effects will be more physical. This cannabinoid is ideal for those who suffer from chronic pain or inflammation.
- THCV – 220°C: THCV is a cannabinoid with moderate psychoactive effects. It has a higher boiling point than THC, so the effects will be more physical.
Flavanoids Temperature Guide
Unlike cannabinoids, flavonoids and terpenoids don’t have any psychoactive effects. They are responsible for the taste and smell of cannabis, and they also have medical benefits.
The boiling points of flavonoids and terpenoids vary widely, so finding the right temperature can be tricky.
However, as a general rule of thumb, lower temperatures will preserve the flavor and smell of cannabis. Here are some general guidelines:
- Beta-sitosterol – 134°C: Beta-sitosterol is also found in avocados, nuts, and some vegetables. It gives cannabis a woody taste and smell.
- Apigenin – 178°C: Apigenin is also found in parsley, thyme, and chamomile. It gives cannabis a floral taste and smell.
- Cannflavin A – 182°C: Cannflavin A is also found in lemons, limes, and oranges. It gives cannabis a citrusy taste and smell.
- Quercetin – 250°C: Quercetin is also found in onions, apples, and kale. It gives cannabis a sour taste and smell.
Terpenoid Temperature Guide
Terpenoids are responsible for the smell of cannabis. They are also what give each cannabis strain its unique flavor profile. Below is a terpenoid temperature guide to help you find the best vaporization temperature for your favorite cannabis strains.
- Beta-caryophyllene – 130°C: Also found in natural oils, like clove oil, beta-caryophyllene is a terpene that smells of cloves and pepper. This terpene can also be found in black pepper, oregano, and basil.
- Alpha-terpinol – 156°C: This terpenoid is known to provide potential soothing and sedative effects. You can also find alpha-terpinol in lilacs, nutmeg, and conifers.
- Beta-myrcene – 168°C: This is a naturally-occurring terpene that is also found in hops, thyme, lemongrass, and mangoes.
- Linalool – 198°C: Linalool is a terpenoid that is responsible for providing relaxation effects. This terpene can also be found in lavender and coriander.
- Delta Limonene – 177°C: As the name suggests, this terpene smells of lemons. Delta limonene can also be found in oranges, grapefruits, and cilantro.
- Terpinol-4-ol – 209°C: Terpinol-4-ol has a soothing scent and is also found in lilacs and conifers.
- Borneol 210°C: The earthy and minty terpene, borneol, can also be found in rosemary and wormwood.
- Alpha-terpineol 217°C: Also found in tea, this terpene provides relaxation effects.
- Alpha-pinene-155°C: This terpene is also found in pine needles and rosemary. Alpha-pinene provides alerting and memory retention effects.
Vaping At Lower Temperatures
When you vape at lower temperatures, you will taste more of the terpenes in your cannabis. This is because lower vaporization temperatures preserve more of the delicate terpenes.
We recommend vaping at lower temperatures if you want to enjoy the full flavor profile of your favorite cannabis strains.
Vaping At Medium Temperatures
If you love the smell of cannabis but don’t necessarily want to get too high, then we recommend vaping at medium temperatures.
Moderate vaporization temperatures will still preserve the terpenes in your cannabis while also decarboxylating the THC. This means you’ll enjoy the flavor of your favorite strains without getting too stoned.
Vaping At The Highest Temperatures
If you want to get the most out of your cannabis, then we recommend vaping at the highest temperatures. Vaping at high temperatures will decarboxylate all of the THC in your cannabis, which means that you’ll get a more potent high.
However, you will also lose some of the delicate terpenes in your cannabis. If you don’t mind sacrificing flavor for potency, then vaping at high temperatures is the way to go.
Note: Extremely high temperatures will result in the combustion of your cannabis. This is not recommended as it can be harmful to your health.
Best Temp to Vape Delta 8
When finding the best temperature to vape delta 8, no one answer will work for everyone. Different people have different preferences regarding the flavor and potency of their cannabis.
However, we generally recommend vaping delta 8 between 180 and 210 degrees Celsius. This temperature range will preserve the terpenes in your delta 8 while also decarboxylating the THC, which will result in a more potent high.
What is The Best Delta 8 Vape?
Below are some of the best delta 8 vapes from Delta Munchies:
Melonado 2G Dart XL
A cross between Lemon Tree and exotic watermelon Zkittlez, Melonado 2G Dart XL is an indica-dominant cartridge offers a delicious and potent high. It contains zero traces of impurities such as pesticides, herbicides, or heavy metals. Its effects are felt almost immediately, providing users with a sense of relaxation and euphoria.
Grape Runtz 2G Dart XL
Grape Runtz 2G Dart XL is a fruity cross between Zkittles, Grape Ape, OG Kush, and Gelato, making for a sweet and potent high. It, too, is free of impurities and provides users with an immediate sense of relaxation. One of the best ways to use delta 8 THC is for soothing and de-stressing. This particular cartridge provides users with just that.
Medellin 2G Dart XL
Medellin 2G Dart XL has an aroma of cracked buds, giving users an authentic cannabis experience. It’s an Indica-dominant hybrid that offers users a cerebral high perfect for any time of day. Medellin is also free of impurities, making it a safe and enjoyable way to consume delta 8 THC.
No matter which delta 8 cartridge you choose, you’re sure to have a positive and enjoyable experience. Each one offers a unique high that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking to relax after a long day or want to enjoy a night out on the town, Delta Munchies has the perfect delta 8 cartridge for you. So what are you waiting for? Order your delta 8 cartridge today!
For more information about vaping cannabis, watch this video that outlines the ideal vaporizer temperature for THC or CBD: